Tuesday, December 06, 2005

 

So, You're Gonna Call Me, Right? Right...?

Brett Tomko is baffled, baffled, that the Giants haven't contacted him at all about his services for 2006. I guess the fact that he sucks hasn't entered his mind at any point during the past two months.

From Tomko:

"I'd like to stay in San Francisco, but they've made minimal efforts to contact us. That's surprising to me because I had a decent feeling when the season ended."

I'm not sure, but I seem to remember a game in late September where you got battered out of the third inning despite being given like three leads to hold against the Padres. And my memory isn't what it used to be, but I also seem to recall that game being fairly important, like the season hinging on it or something. Oh, but wait, you threw a complete game in a meaningless game against the DBacks, so good feelings abound!

"I'm a good quality guy who brings a lot to a team, including close to 200 innings."

Close to 200 innings: check. 200 innings of crap: double check. And if bringing a lot to the team means making charcoal sketches of the Bay Bridge and Mike Matheny's ass, then I agree. As far as pitching performance, other than the second half of 2004, there's no reason to even consider bringing you back, my friend.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?