Friday, February 17, 2006

 

Stankeye Quote of the Week

"Not that he's going anywhere, but Giants fans with a sense of nostalgia should take to Milton; he's gifted with both Chili Davis's promise at the plate and Jeff Leonard's ability to scare the bejeezus out of whitey." -Baseball Prospectus 2004, on Milton Bradley.

Stankeye Quote of the Week is a new none-too-inspired feature that I'm going to be doing every Friday. Since it's the end of the week and I'm always bruised and battered after basketball, it's just too tempting to toss up baseball quotations in lieu of actual intelligent analysis. And just for the hell of it, with it being the inaugural QOTW and all, here's a bonus quote from Billy Sample, an obscure Texas outfielder from the late '70's:

"I'm like Daffy Duck in cartoons. I'm black, I've got big feet, and I'm always bitching."

Next week I'll start the Giants pitching preview as spring training kicks into high gear. Great weekend, everyone!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?