Friday, September 15, 2006

 

Stankeye Quote of the Week 9/15

Yeah, that's right, I'm resurrecting it...

"Whoever would understand the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball."
-Jacques Barzan

"All I can say, really, is that Jacques Barzan scares me a little bit."
-Bob Costas

So, who do we root for in the Dodgers/Padres series this weekend? Simon Gruber has planted a bomb somewhere in New York and the only way to get him to defuse it is to answer this riddle. What do you do? What do you do?

I guess we can root for Dodger Stadium to blow up, giving the Giants the division by default, but then a lot of innocent fans would be hurt, even if they are Dodger fans. The best thing to do is just root for the Pads to take two of three and hope the Giants can win the series against the Cards.

Go Giants.

POSTSCRIPT: Why is anybody whiffing at Jeff Suppan's 87-mph heat? Care to explain, Randy?

POST-POSTSCRIPT: Brett Tomko sucks.

YET-ANOTHER-POSTSCRIPT: If I'm a Tiger fan, I want to kill Cleveland pitcher Tom Mastny right about now. He served up A.J. Pierzynski's game winning home run last week and just moments ago blew a two-run ninth inning lead against the Twins. With the Tigers on the brink of a historic collapse, they must be preparing to bomb Mr. Mastny's house via air. About the only guy who can't hit Mastny nowadays is Neifi.

And the Giants are getting clobbered tonight. Two of three, maybe?

I'll be at the ChiSox/A's game tomorrow yelling stuff at A.J. I'll click some pictures and put them on here if I get around to it...not that anybody wants to see pics of the Oakland Coliseum.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?