Friday, September 26, 2008

 

Dodger-Hating Weekend Redux

So much for spoiler weekend. The Diamondbacks completely choked away the NL West this season, and their ill-fated pennant run came to a disgraceful end yesterday when they got blown off the field 12-3 to end a three-game sweep at the hands of the Cardinals. This, of course, means that the Dodgers mosey on into the playoffs and that there will be no drama this weekend at Mays Field. Oh, well, we can still hate the Dodgers and pretend something is at stake, I guess.

I'll be at Mays Field on Sunday trying to snap my own personal losing streak to the Dodgers. I haven't attended a Giants-Dodgers matchup that ended in a Giant victory since this game in 1991, when I was eight years old and only cared about Darryl Strawberry playing in right field. Since then, I've gone to games in 1998, 2004, and 2006 that all ended in a Giant defeat at the hands of the evil ones in blue. The 1998 game was especially painful because they got shut out by Carlos Perez, the same guy who in the next year would go berzerk and go ten rounds with a couple of water coolers with a baseball bat after getting pulled from a game. If the Giants had beat Perez, they would have ended up winning the Wild Card that year. Just tragic.

Tomorrow I may or may not be live-blogging the Giants game. I had planned to do this for a while, and wanted to do a Giants-Dodgers matchup, but the combination of the Dodgers clinching and possible lack of access to a laptop means that I'll probably be putting it off until the World Series. My plan is to sit there with some friends and live blog the game inning by inning with a gigantic supply of beer on hand and see if it ends up even remotely coherent. If the conversation deviates from the game to a drunken dissertation on the recurring motifs in The Dark Knight, well, at least it'll be entertaining.

So keep an eye out for that maybe tomorrow, as well as some stuff on Bugs and Cranks, and have a great weekend!

--TGIF vid. This is absolutely one of the most awesome videos I've ever seen in my life. As a person who has done this hike, I gotta wonder, how the hell did he lug those bagpipes up there????

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?